In case you haven’t already noticed, I am in love with all things Disney. I grew up in the 90’s (mostly), so much of my list is Disney movies from that generation – if a movie didn’t make the list, it doesn’t mean I don’t love it – trust me, if I listed ALL the Disney movies I love, it would pretty much just be a list of ALL the Disney movies. It’s taken me awhile to work on this post because – hello! – how do you choose? I mean, really. By the way, these are in no particular order – I cannot decide which is my top favourite. Without further ado, here we go:
1. Aladdin. Between the flying carpet escape and Aladdin trying to elude the guards in the marketplace, this movie is pure magic.
2. Pocahontas. Wingapo and welcome to the list. Would you like me to start singing Colours of the Wind? Because I definitely could.
3. Mulan. I’ve already explained why Mulan is special to me – but regardless of the personal connection, it’s an awesome movie with a great soundtrack.
4. Up. Because, if you don’t cry watching this movie, you are OBVIOUSLY dead inside.
5. Lion King. Hakuna Matata. That is all.
6. The Rescuers and The Rescuers: Down Under. I am fairly certain this is what my pet rats do in their spare time. Just sayin’.
7. Little Mermaid. Another one where you can just sing your way through the whole movie. Honourable mention goes to the half-hour VHS spin-offs that my brother and I watched over and over.
8. Beauty and the Beast. Be our guest, be our guest!
9. Hunchback of Notre Dame. This one makes me cry every time. What a story!
10. Hercules. Because Meg is sassy and sarcastic and that makes me love her.
Honourable mentions go to more recent Disney movies I’ve fallen in love with: Wreck It Ralph, Tangled, Brave, and Frozen.
Other honourable mentions include: The Fox and the Hound, The Aristocats, The Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book and Bambi.
When I asked on Facebook about my friends’ favourite Disney movies, I got a ton of different answers. Do you know how hard it is to choose a favourite? (I do!)
Here are some of the responses: The Lion King, Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, The Rescuers, Aladdin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Alice in Wonderland, Aristocats, Pete’s Dragon, Heavyweights, The Little Mermaid, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Cinderella, Mulan, and Pocahontas.
My friend, Troy, shared his top ten list with me and I’m sharing it with you:
1. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story
4. Wreck-It Ralph
6. Lion King
7. Lady and the Tramp
9. Beauty and the Beast
(Troy blogs over at http://thisweeksmovie.wordpress.com/ . Pop over and say hello!)
I also asked on Facebook what people’s favourite Disney soundtrack, villain and hero were. There were lots of different answers! Mine are Pocohontas, Ursula and Mulan. Soundtracks people loved included: Aladdin, Frozen, Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Narnia. Villains included: Ursula, Gaston, Scar, Kaa, Mother Gothel, and Elsa. Favourite heroes included: Robin Hood, Merida, Mulan, Belle, Olaf, and Li Shang.
I hope you enjoyed my list! Why don’t you share yours in the comments? Can’t get enough Disney…
Next Week’s Movie: Up
2 thoughts on “Week 10: THE TOP TEN”
Thanks for the shout out, Melissa. Great list, though I think you should put them in order. But that comes from a guy who’s obsessed with lists. I’m glad to see both Mulan and Hunchback on there.
Not only did I not manage to put it in order…somehow I managed to forget to put Toy Story in there! Yikes!